These Terms & Conditions were last updated on April 15, 2014.
The terms “You” and “Your” refer to the person accessing, user or viewer of the Website.
- This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Us. Among other things, this Agreement governs all text, articles, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, creative, copy, artwork, video, audio, music, podcasts, ringtones, games, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other brand identifiers, designs, plans, polls, surveys, comics, cartoons, the Website design, layout, look and appearance, software, source and object code, algorithms, data, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, and all other content, information and materials (“Website Content”).
- You must be age 18 or older to use this Website.
- Neither We nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this Website is entirely at Your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be Your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Website meet your specific requirements.
- All trade marks or other licensed material reproduced in the Website which are not the property of, or licensed to WID-I4H are acknowledged on the Website.
- Unauthorized use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages (including without limitation attorney’s fees) and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for Your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) referenced or linked to. We accept no responsibility for the content of any website(s) We may reference or provide a link to.
PROHIBITED USES AND RESTRICTIONS
(a) The Website may be used for lawful purposes only and You shall only use the Website in accordance with all local and international applicable laws or regulations that may apply in Your jurisdiction. Transmission, storage, or distribution of any information, data, or material in violation of any such applicable law or regulation is expressly prohibited. You must not, in Your use of the Website, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
(b) You must not, without the express prior written consent of WID-I4H (which may be withheld without cause):
- Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise attempt to derive such information from the Website and/or Website Content;
- Sell, sublicense, redistribute, reproduce, transmit, circulate, disseminate, translate or reduce to or from any electronic medium or machine readable form the Website and/or Website Content, or any portion or derivative of the Website and/or Website Content, whether in whole or in part;
- Vary or amend any portion of this Agreement without Our prior written approval;
- Publish, promote, broadcast, circulate or otherwise seek to make any commercial use of WID-I4H’s name, trade name, trademarks, service marks or logo, without Our prior written consent; or
- Commit any malicious act or permit any such act, by action or omission, the likely result of which would be that WID-I4H’s reputation might be brought into disrepute or which act or omission could reasonably be expected to have or a material or adverse effect on WID-I4H’s interests.
(c) The Website contains proprietary content which is owned either by US or a third party exclusively. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell all or part of the Website and/or Website Content.
UNAUTHORIZED USE, REPRINTING OR DISTRIBUTION
Except as set forth herein, You:
- Are required to report the discovery of any such violations mentioned above to WID-I4H -in writing- within twenty-four (24) hours of discovering any such unauthorized use or distribution.
Any of the aforementioned violations will entitle WID-I4H, in addition to any other rights or claims that We may have against You or other third parties, to retroactively charge You a fee calculated on the basis of the number of prohibited distributions or uses multiplied by the respective list prices that WID-I4H charges and/or incurs for Website Content.
You agree that in the event of any dispute between Us, You will first contact Us and make a good faith sustained effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including without limitation any court action. You agree that all disputes will be resolved individually via mediation (for which You will bear Your own costs regardless of the outcome) without resort to any class action, and You specifically waive Your right to a trial by jury. Furthermore, You agree that any cause of action must commence within one (1) year after the underlying issue first arose; otherwise, You waive any right to bring such cause of action and such cause of action is permanently barred.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title/profession
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, polls and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand Your needs and provide You with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about updates to the Website and/or Website Content, company news, new products, special offers or other information which We think You may find interesting using the email address which You have provided.
- Periodically, We may also use Your information to contact You for market research purposes. We may contact You by email, phone, via an online social networking, PR or marketing service, or a postal service. We may use the information to customize the Website according to Your interests.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND NOTIFICATION
(i) We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we may collect online.
(ii) However, because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, We cannot guarantee the security of the information You send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Service You agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to Us or collected by Us when You access, visit and/or use the Service, including without limitation Your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, and We are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
(iii) Moreover, if You elect to store information, such as Your personally identifiable information or other email subscription information, where others may access it, We are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If You lose a computer, mobile or other device, or it is stolen, that contains Your personally identifiable information or other Subscription information, it is up to You to take all the steps necessary to protect Yourself.
(iv) In the unlikely event that We believe that the security of Your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, We may seek to notify You if, in our sole discretion, it is appropriate to do so. If notification is deemed appropriate, We may notify You via Your computer, mobile or other device.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on Your computer’s hard drive. Once You agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets You know when You visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to You as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve Our Website in order to tailor it to Your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help Us provide You with a better Website, by enabling Us to monitor which pages You find useful and which You do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to Your computer or any information about You, other than the data You choose to share with Us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. However, this may prevent You from taking full advantage of the Website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(i) You may choose to restrict the collection or use of Your personal information in the following ways:
- If and when You are asked and/or choose to fill in a form and/or register on the Website, look for the box that You can click to indicate that You do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
(ii) We will not sell, distribute or lease Your personal information to third parties unless we have Your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use Your personal information to send You promotional information about third parties which we think You may find interesting if You tell us that You wish this to happen.
(iii) If You believe that any information we are holding on You is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
(iv) You must be age 18 or older to use this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 18. If We learn that We have collected the personal information from a person under 18 years old, We will take steps to delete that user’s account information, if any, and terminate their use of the Website as soon as possible.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including Your personal information and any Website Content deemed proprietary and/or falling under our IP Rights under this Agreement, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
This Website and Website Content is copyright of WID-I4H. All rights reserved.
All right, title and interest in and to the Website and any Website Content therein, including without limitation all copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property rights therein, shall be and remain solely with WID-I4H and/or its licensors. WID-I4H logos and all Website Content are trademarks of WID-I4H and/or its licensors and may not be used without the express written permission of WID-I4H.
You undertake to comply with and not to compromise, challenge or dilute in any way WID-I4H’s IP rights, including after termination of this Agreement. You agree not to copy, redistribute, publish or otherwise exploit the Website and/or Website Content, except as expressly permitted herein.
All comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted, or offered (“Ideas”) to WID-I4H in connection with Your use of the Website and/or Website Content shall be the exclusive property of WID-I4H. WID-I4H may use, sell, exploit and disclose said Ideas in any manner, without restriction and without compensation to You.
The Website and Website Content is provided on an “AS IS” basis. WID-I4H does not make any warranties or representations regarding freedom to operate or non-infringement of any IP rights of any third parties with respect to usage of the Website and/or Website Content. You shall be solely responsible for any such occurrence and WID-I4H expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability in such cases.
You man link to the Website and/or Website Content using a hyperlink. However, any commercial distribution or reproduction of part or all of the Website and/or Website Content, in any form, is prohibited.
You may not, except with Our express written permission (which may be withheld without reason and for which you may incur a fee), commercially distribute, exploit or reproduce Website Content (including without limitation, online or offline, in books, magazines and newspapers, in exhibitions, in films and TV programs, in advertising, press and publicity). Nor may You transmit or store the Website and/or Website Content in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Our permission (which may be withheld without reason and for which you may incur a fee), is required for editorial and commercial distribution and/or reproduction of any part of the Website and/or Website Content. Submit Your permission request to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
- A link to Website Content
- Title of Website Content / Description of the image(s)
- Your complete contact information (name, physical address, phone, email)
- Description of your proposed reuse of Website Content (please include all details – including, but not limited to, print run, territory of reuse, rights being requested)
WID-I4H (“WID-I4H”, “Us”, “Our” or “We” ) provides the website i4h2014.world-innovation-day.com (“Website”) as a service to the public. The information contained in this Website is for general information purposes only and is provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis without any warranties or representations, whether express or implied, oral or written, of any kind or nature, including, but not limited to, any warranties of quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. WID-I4H hereby expressly excludes any such warranties or representations or implications that Website and/or Website Content will be error-free or complete. While We endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the the Website and/or Website Content (including but not limited to all text, articles, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, creative, copy, artwork, video, audio, music, podcasts, ringtones, games, trademarks, trade names, service marks, and other brand identifiers, designs, plans, polls, surveys, comics, cartoons, the Website design, layout, look and appearance , software, source and object code, algorithms, data, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, and all other content, information and materials) for any purpose. Any reliance You place on such information is therefore strictly at Your own risk.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
(a) We will not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, cost, expense or other claim (including consequential, direct, indirect, special, punitive or other damages or loss of data or profits) resulting from or relating to the Website and/or Website Content, including, without limitation:
- Any use or reliance on the Website and/or Website Content by a person (including the form and content of any errors in and/or omissions from any information contained in the Website and/or Website Content);
- Any delay, interruption or other failure in the provision of the Website and/or Website Content; or
- Any change in the form or content of the Website and/or Website Content.
(b) In no event will WID-I4H’s aggregate liabilities under any claims arising out of this Agreement exceed the fees paid by You under this Agreement in the six (6) month period immediately preceding the date on which You first asserted any such claim.
(c) WID-I4H is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the Website and/or Website Content. This includes, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of the Website and/or Website Content.
(d) We promote a policy of honest and respectful exchange of ideas based on facts. The views expressed in the Website and/or Website Content are those of the speakers, artists and/or authors and do not necessarily reflect views held or endorsed by Us. We do not accept responsibility in any way for the views expressed in the Website and/or any Website Content. We accept no liability for the actions of third parties which may have been influenced by the Website and/or any Website Content.
Although the Website and/or Website Content may include links providing direct access to other internet resources and/or third-party websites, such sites are not under the control of WID-I4H. WID-I4H is not responsible for, nor does WID-I4H have any control over the accuracy, nature, availability or content of information contained in such sites. Your connection to any linked, third-pary site is at Your own risk. WID-I4H does not warrant that such sites’, content, information, products, or services are free from any claims of copyright, trademark or other infringement of the rights of third parties. We not warrant that such sites’ content, information, products, or services are devoid of viruses or other contamination. WID-I4H makes no warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of such sites’ or any information, products or services located therein, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability thereof for any particular purpose.
Links to third-party websites does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of the products and services sold, any text, video, podcast or other presentation of any information in any form, nor the views expressed within such websites. Likewise, the appearance on the Website and/or Website Content of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by WID-I4H, and WID-I4H has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers. We have and accept no responsibility to review any link to any site that may be provided within the Website and/or Website Content.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
(a) WID-I4H represents and warrants to the best of Our knowledge and belief that the Website and/or Website Content does not and will not knowingly contain any information or computer code that:
- Is designed to disrupt, disable, harm, modify, spy on, delete or otherwise impede in any manner, including aesthetic disruptions or distortions, the operations of any of Your software, firmware, hardware, computer systems or networks (sometimes referred to as “viruses” or “worms”);
- Would disable the Website and/or Website Content or Your internal systems, or impair its operation based on the elapsing of a period of time; or
- Permits WID-I4H or any third party to access Your or any third party’s systems, whether or not to cause disablement or impairment (sometimes referred to as “trap doors,” “access codes” or “back door” devices).
(b) WID-I4H represents and warrants to the best of Our knowledge and belief that:
- We have obtained all rights, approvals and consents necessary to perform Our obligations and grant all rights to You under this Agreement;
- We are authorized to distribute, sell or perform, as the case may be, the Website and/or Website Content;
(c) Every effort is made to keep the Website and/or Website Content up and running smoothly. However, WID-I4H takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website and/or Website Content being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond Our control.
(d) WID-I4H does not warrant that the Website and/or Website Content is error-free or that it will operate without interruption, nor do We make any warranty or representation with respect to the quality, reliability, timeliness or security of any aspect or component of , the Website and/or Website Content.
(e) WID-I4H makes no guarantee as to the availability of the Website and/or Website Content, and We shall not be responsible for any loss resulting from loss or deletion of any data or information resulting from the use of the Website and/or Website Content, or any network or system outages, file corruptions, or for any other alleged consequences of having used , the Website and/or Website Content.
(f) The Website and/or Website Content may contain specialized data, ads and content provided by third parties. We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, availability or completeness of this information and/or content. We shall not be liable for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the content contained in or referenced by You or third parties which may appear within the Website and/or Website Content.
(g) WID-I4H shall not be liable for any non-conformance under this Agreement of which it had no actual knowledge.